Wednesday, February 28, 2007

5:35 pm

Darkness

When was the last time you were completely immersed in darkness? Total, complete darkness. The kind of utter darkness where you can't see your hand waving in front of your face.

Assuming you have experienced it, and you noticed it, what was your reaction? I know some people who would have freaked out. For myself, I found it quite interesting. And very peaceful. With two senses truely cut off (assuming it's night, and there isn't an ass next door blasting a speaker at full volume), the mind really starts to wander. Follow it around, drifting from topic to topic, and you get all sorts of interesting stuff to think on later. Lots of bloggable material, too. No, I wasn't tripping on weed or anything. Unfortunately, I was in the stage of neglecting my blog the last time I did that (immerse myself in darkness, that is, not weed). Ah well. And I doubt I'll experience it again anytime soon. Malaysia, with its night-time light pollution, is unconducive to such experiments.
 


 
Comments: Post a Comment