Monday, May 22, 2006

7:01 am

B&B - Blogs and Boredom

Another sleepless night. Sigh. I occasionally experience insomniac nights, where my thoughts start wandering into random threads, and weird scenarios, likely and unlikely, play themselves out in my head. Crap, I'm gonna be a zombie again today. A green-haired zombie. I must admit, my hair colour isn't looking bad. It's actually quite interesting (I hesitate to use the word 'cool').

Anyway, I've been musing on your average blog. I occasionally spend some time surfing blogspot, and there appears to be quite a number of people who feel the urge to tell me (and the rest of the world) what they had for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tea and supper optional. I don't get it. Do they truly believe their dietary choices are of any interest to the rest of us? I wouldn't bother with such a question even for my closest friend. Perhaps understandable in a gf/bf relationship, but not otherwise. Others include every routine detail of their day-today lifes. The kind that goes "I woke up, had breakfast, went to work/school, had lunch, finished work, went home, had dinner, wrote this, and am now going to sleep." One of my friends suggested that maybe they don't have anything better to blog about. If that's the case, why write? If your subject matter is that dull, nobody's going to read it, no matter how many acquaintances you pester into linking to your blog. It's one thing to share highlights of your day/week/life, it's another when your life is so dull that your readers fall asleep skimming your blog (Now there's an idea, a possible cure for my insomnia!).
 


 
Comments:

Maybe these bloggers are not blogging for the world to see. Blogging is subjective. The word boring is subjective.
 
Post a Comment