Wednesday, January 11, 2006

4:30 pm

Campfire-on-a-Tray

Hmm, I've been neglecting my blog again. That's usually the first sign of an impending slow death. Oh well, my blog has more lifes than a cat. Comes back to life more often than any undead I've ever heard of, too.

Had a 2nd BBQ last night, just Calvin (my younger bro), my dad and me. Unfortunately, we were out of firestarters. After messing around with some newspapers (resulting in a lot of ashes, and a very annoyed mum) we resorted to minyak kelapa sawit. Cooking oil, to be exact. And more newspapers to get it lighted. Skip past more ashes, and enough smoke to rival an Indonesian forest fire, and the oil finally heated up enough to ignite. *Foom* Instant campfire-on-a-tray. Great, now pile on the charcoal. And more oil to keep the fire going while the charcoal heats up. I enquired of my dad whether we were trying to cook with charcoal, or cook the charcoal. In retrospect, the amount of energy used to light the charcoal was more than the energy obtained from burning the charcoal. Great, we've invented the opposite of cold fusion.
 


 
Comments: Post a Comment